The state of Oregon requires drivers who have been involved in a traffic accident to report the incident as soon as possible. It’s important that negligent drivers and corporations be held accountable so that our roads and our communities are safer.
The attorneys at The Corson & Johnson Law Firm have represented people with claims involving all types of road vehicles including:
- 18-wheelers and large trucks
- Passenger automobiles
- Farm vehicles
- All-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
18-Wheeler Truck Accidents
We’re especially concerned about the dangers of 18-wheel trucks. By far the most fatalities, injuries, or disabling damage to vehicles are caused by crashes involving large trucks. Over 1,000 truck accidents were reported in Oregon in 2010. Overworked, tired truck drivers, unstable loads and unsafe vehicles are the chief causes of these crashes.
We’re proud to sponsor www.UnsafeTrucksOregon.com to provide information on 18-wheeler safety and how we can make Oregon roads safer. The site provides an interactive site that displays the locations and roads where most trucking collisions occur. You can also find information on what caused the crashes and how you can report unsafe trucks.
Car and Motor Vehicle Crashes
In 2010–the latest year statistics are available–there were over 44,000 traffic accidents in the state of Oregon resulting in over 30,000 injuries. Almost all car and motor vehicle accidents occur because of negligence. A driver may be impaired from drinking or a medication, may be distracted by a cell phone conversation or speeding, driving recklessly or driving too aggressively.
The most common types of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Head-on collisions
- Side swipe accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- T-Bone accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Defective vehicle or defective automotive component accidents (mistakes in design or manufacturing)
- Dangerous road accidents (may involve defective construction)
- Accidents caused by equipment failure or improper maintenance
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motor vehicle collision, contact the qualified personal injury attorneys at The Corson & Johnson Law Firm. We’ll work with you to hold negligent drivers accountable and make Oregon roads safer.
Trucking & Motor Vehicle Injuries Case Studies
- Representing Truckers Against Negligent Trucking Companies
- Ignoring 18 Wheeler Safety Rules Causes Death
- Insurance Company Required to Pay Under-Insured Motorist Claim
- Personal Injury Recovery Against the State of Oregon