“In my first career, I was active in consumer and environmental issues. I realized that I could change many of the injustices I saw if I became an attorney.”
Don Corson represents people seriously injured or killed by defective products, industrial accidents, hospital system failures, serious vehicle and truck crashes, and other catastrophic incidents.
Don has the highest professional ratings for legal ability and ethics, is listed in The Best Lawyers in America1 in multiple categories for representing individuals, is consistently listed as a Super Lawyer, and is listed as a Top Rated Lawyer in Health Care.
Don completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology at the University of Oregon in 1976, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He went on to graduate first in his law school class from the University of Oregon in 1985 and was Editor-In-Chief of the Oregon Law Review.
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Former President, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
- National Crime Victims Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar
- Admitted to practice in all Oregon state and federal courts and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Former Chair of the Council on Court Procedures, Oregon’s rule-making body for laws relating to civil procedure
- LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell attorney rating system
- The Best Law Firms in America
- Best Lawyers® 2018 Eugene Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year”
- 2003-2019 The Best Lawyers in America in the categories of: Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Super Lawyers® 2006-Present
Don lives in Eugene, Oregon with his wife and law partner Lara Johnson, and their two children. Don enjoys outdoor activities and photography.
Refer to the Cases That Bring Change page for more in-depth stories of real people Don has helped while also changing the law to improve the lives of others.