This segment of The Law and You features personal injury trial lawyer Don Corson discussing what you should do if you are in car, truck or motorcycle accidents.
This segment of The Law and You features personal injury trial lawyer Lara Johnson telling about crash notification requirements in Oregon.
This segment of The Law and You features personal injury trial lawyer Lara Johnson discussing a situation when you might suffer damage and/or injury caused by a motorists who is underinsured.
This segment of The Law and You features personal injury trial lawyer Lara Johnson discussing how adequate collision coverage, and sometimes legal action, is needed to recover the full property loss in a collision.
This segment of The Law and You features attorney Lara Johnson telling of a case where a client’s insurance company suggested that she sue her friend after being in an auto accident.
The time following a vehicle collision can feel overwhelming, but it’s important to remember several key things to make sure everybody is safe, and follow-ups go smoothly. Make sure you do these 4 things to cover your bases after a crash.
We see it over and over again: someone is hurt in a car wreck, and an adverse insurance adjuster insists on getting a release for the injured person’s medical records or they will “close” the claim. The adverse insurance company, in fact, has no legal right in Oregon to a release for medical records, and “closing” the claim means nothing.
1. Your medical records are private and should not be shared.
2. You are under no obligation to help the other insurance company build its case against you.
3. Social media is the adverse insurance company’s best friend.
4. DO NOT accept any offer until you talk with an attorney who knows how to protect your rights.
1. The Law Favors Those Who Move Quickly
2. Investigation by qualified Attorneys Needed to Determine Fault
3. SOME Serious Injuries Don’t Show Up Immediately After A Collision
4. Don’t Fall for Insurance Companies’ “Get Quick Compensation” Offer
5. When to File a Lawsuit After Suffering Severe Injuries From A Car or Truck Collision
6. Car or Truck Accidents On The Job Can Go Beyond Workers’ Compensation