Swimming Pool Chemical Explosion: Damaged Lungs

This case involved a Southern Oregon woman who bought pool maintenance chemicals from a pool supply retailer. The store provided the wrong chemicals to the woman as a result of poor product labeling that made it easy for the store personnel to confuse the different chemical products. When the woman mixed the products in the normal fashion, the dangerous combination of chemicals exploded. The woman’s lungs were injured, resulting in permanent Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS).